V o i c e s o f R e a s o
n / B e a c o n s o f L i g h t .
Rabbi Ahron Cohen / Rabbi Sholem Dov
Benjamin H. Freedman
/ Naeim Giladi
Rabbi Ahron Cohen, in an address delived 02/26/
03, at Birmingham University,
England (abridged slightly):
As you have already been told, I
am an orthodox Jew (that is a
Jew who endeavors to live his life completely in accordance with
the Jewish religion). I am involved in ecclesiastical duties
the Jewish Community and am particularly involved in educating
our youth and in helping them to achieve healthy and correct attitudes.
It is therefore of particular interest to me to be able to talk
a student body, today.
I have been asked to talk to you about Judaism
and Zionism. This
subject is of course tremendously relevant in the light of the
situation in Palestine, where you have - let's face it - one
Zionists (who are also Jews), wishing to impose a 'sectarian'
over the heads of an indigenous population, the Palestinians.
confrontation which has resulted in horrific bloodshed and brutality
with no end in sight unless there is a very radical change.
My qualification to talk on this subject
is by virtue of my being
one of many orthodox Jews who absolutely sympathize with the
Palestinian cause, and we protest vehemently against the terrible
wrongs being perpetrated against the Palestinian People by the
illegitimate regime in Palestine. ...
Let me firstly state quite categorically
that Judaism and Zionism
are incompatible. They are diametrically opposed.
The question must
surely arise in the minds of many of you here today that there
to be a paradox. After all everyone knows that Zionists are Jews
that Zionism is for the benefit of Jews. The Palestinians are
enemies of the Zionists. How come then that I, a Jew, can sympathise
with the Palestinian cause? I would like to try to answer this
and to revert to the subject of my talk - Judaism and Zionism
two levels, religious belief and humanitarianism. Bearing
that to be humanitarian is also a basic religious requirement.
Firstly from a Jewish religious belief point
of view. One has to
take a look at some aspects of the history of the Jewish people
at their basic belief in the Al-mighty's control of our destiny
what the Al-mighty wants of us. All as set out in our Religious
teachings, our Torah, and as taught to us through the generations
by our great religious leaders. Against this we also have to look
the history of Zionism, how it developed, what are its aims.
Our religion is for us a total way of life.
Showing us how to live
a life in the service of the Al-mighty. It affects every
aspect of our
life from the cradle to the grave. We are taught that it
to us by Divine Revelation, as described in the Bible, some three
and a half thousand years ago, and that is when the Jewish People
came in to being. All of our religious requirements, practical
philosophical, are set out in the Torah which comprises the Bible
(the old testament) and a vast code of Oral Teaching handed down
to us through the generations.
As mentioned, our religion is a total way
of life covering every
aspect of our life. One area of our religion is that subject
conditions is that we will be given a land, the Holy Land, now
as Palestine, in which to live and carry out various parts of
of the Al-mighty.
Now, before I go any further, I wish to point
out something which
is very basic to understanding the difference between Judaism
Zionism and that is that the orthodox Jewish concept of nationhood
is very different to the concept of nationhood held by most peoples.
Most peoples understand a nation to be a specific people living
a specific land. The land is essential for the identity of
They may or may not have a religion, but the religion is immaterial
to the national identity. The orthodox Jewish concept of nationhood
however, is a specific people with a specific religion.
It is the religion
that establishes the national identity. They may or may
not have a
land, the land is immaterial to the Jewish national identity.
borne out by the fact that the Jewish nation has been without
for 2000 years, but as long as they retained their religion they
Now I mentioned earlier that we were given
a land but under
certain conditions. The conditions were basically that
we had to
maintain the highest of moral, ethical and religious standards.
Jewish People did have the land for approximately the first one
thousand five hundred years of their existence. However, regretfully,
the conditions were not fulfilled to the required degree and
were exiled from their land. For the last two thousand
years or so
the Jewish people have been in a state of exile decreed by the
A-lmighty because they did not maintain the standards expected
of them. This state of exile is the situation that exists right
the present day. It is a basic part of our belief to accept willingly
Heavenly decree of exile and not to try and fight against it
end it by our own hands. To do so would constitute a rebellion
against the wishes of the A-lmighty.
In practical terms, although we have maintained
identity by virtue of our attachment to our religion, never the
exile for us means firstly that Jews must be loyal subjects of
countries in which they live and not attempt to rule over the
established indigenous populations of those countries.
Secondly, that we may not attempt to set
up a State of our own
in Palestine. This would apply even if the land would be
and it certainly applies when, as is the case, there is an existing
indigenous population. This prohibition is a basic part
teaching and we are forsworn not to contravene it and we are
of the dire consequences of doing so. It follows, therefore, that
have no right to rule today in Palestine.
... The practical outcome of Zionism in the form
of the State
known as 'Israel' is completely alien to Judaism and the Jewish
The very name "Israel" which originally meant what are known
the Children of Israel i.e. the Jewish People was usurped by
Zionists. For this reason many orthodox Jews avoid referring
the Zionist State by the name 'Israel'.
The ideology of Zionism is not to rely on divine
to take the law into ones own hands and to try to force the outcome
in the form of a State. This is completely contrary to
to the matter of exile which our Torah requires us to adopt,
handed down to us by our great religious teachers.
I have spoken till now from the religious belief
point of view.
But let us consider the humanitarian point of view (and to do
is also a religious requirement as I mentioned earlier). The
Zionist ideology was and is to force the aim of a State irrespective
of the cost in life and property to anyone who stands in the
The Palestinians stood in the way. We have a fact that in order
to achieve an ill conceived nationalistic ambition, a shocking
contravention of natural justice was committed by the Zionists
in setting up an illegitimate regime in Palestine completely
the wishes of the established population, the Palestinians, which
inevitably had to be based on loss of life, killing and stealing.
To sum up. According to the Torah
and Jewish faith, the
present Palestinian/Arab claim to rule in Palestine is right
just. The Zionist claim is wrong and criminal. Our
Israel is that the whole concept is flawed and illegitimate.
We have another problem and that is that the
made themselves to appear as the representatives and spokespeople
of all Jews thus, with their actions, arousing animosity against
Jews. Those who harbor this animosity are accused of anti-
Semitism. However, what has to be made abundantly clear
Zionism is not Judaism. Zionists cannot speak in the name of Jews.
Zionists may have been born as Jews, but to be a Jew also requires
adherence to the Jewish belief and religion.
So what becomes abundantly clear is that opposition
and its crimes does not imply hatred of Jews or 'anti-Semitism'.
On the contrary Zionism itself and its deeds are the biggest
Jews and Judaism. ... The strife between Arab and Jew in
only began when the first Zionist pioneers came to Palestine
the express aim of forming a State over the heads of the indigenous
Arab population. That strife has continued until this very
has cost and continues to cost thousands and thousands of lives.
The oppression, abuse and murder in Palestine is a tragedy not
for the Palestinians but for the Jewish people as well.
And is in fact part of the dire consequences
of which we are
warned if we transgress our religious requirement not to rebel
against our exile. I wish to add that the connection between
Muslims and Jews goes right back into ancient history. Mostly
the relationship was friendly and mutually beneficial. Historically,
the situation frequently was that when Jews were being persecuted
in Europe they found refuge in the various Muslim countries.
attitude to Muslims and Arabs can only be one of friendliness
I would like to finish with the following words.
We want to tell
the world, especially our Muslim neighbours, that there is no
or animosity between Jew and Muslim. We wish to live together
friends and neighbours as we have done mostly over hundreds even
thousands of years in all the Arab countries. It was only
of the Zionists and Zionism which upset this age old relationship.
e consider the Palestinians as the people with the right to govern
in Palestine. The Zionist State known as "Israel" is a regime
has no right to exist. Its continuing existence is the
cause of the strife in Palestine.
We pray for a solution to the terrible and tragic
impasse that exists.
Hopefully based on results brought about by moral, political
economic pressures imposed by the nations of the world.
We pray for an end to bloodshed and an end to
the suffering of
all innocent people - Jew and non-Jew alike - worldwide.
waiting for the annulment of Zionism and the dismantling of the
Zionist regime, which will bring about an end to the suffering
the Palestinian people. We would welcome the opportunity
dwell in peace in the holy land under a rule which is entirely in
accordance with the wishes and aspirations of the Palestinian
People. May we soon merit the time when all mankind will
peace with each other.
Another voice of reason and bearer of light, Rabbi
Sholem Dov Ber Schneerson:
Even if the Zionists were G-d fearing Torah true Jews, and
if we had reason to believe that their goal
is feasible, we are
nevertheless not permitted to join them in bringing our redemption
with our own strength. We are not even permitted to force a
premature redemption by showering the Almighty with insistent
entreaties ... and certainly not by means of physical force and devices;
We may not end our exile by main force: we will not thereby, achieve
the spiritual redemption for which we are waiting. The Zionist
notion contradicts our hope and yearning that G-d himself' will not
bring about our Redemption. To insure a permanent Redemption
from our present exile, we must hope and wait for a deliverance by
the Almighty Himself, and not through the hands of one of flesh
and blood. Thus only will our redemption be complete.
- The following is a speech delivered
in 1961 by Benjamin H. Freedman at
- the Willard Hotel, Washington, D.C. Born in 1890, he was a successful
- businessman and at one time principal
owner of the Woodbury Soap
- In 1945 he had broke with organized
Jewry, spending the balance
- life and much of his wealth exposing the Zionist menace. He
- he spoke, having
been personally acquainted with Bernard Baruch,
- Untermyer, Woodrow Wilson, Franklin Roosevelt, Joseph Kennedy,
- John F. Kennedy,
- Here in the United States, the Zionists and their
- have complete control of our government. For many
- too many and too complex to go into here at this
- Zionists and their co-religionists rule these United
- though they were the absolute monarchs of this country.
- you may say that is a very broad statement, but let
- you what happened while we were all asleep.
- What happened? World War I broke out in the summer
- There are few people here my age who remember that.
- war was waged on one side by Great Britain, France,
- and on the other side by Germany, Austria-Hungary,
- Within two years Germany had won that war: not only
- nominally, but won it actually. The German submarines,
- were a surprise to the world, had swept all the
convoys from the
- Atlantic Ocean. Great Britain stood there
- for her soldiers, with one week's food supply --
and after that,
- starvation. At that time, the French army
had mutinied. They
- had lost 600,000 of the flower of French youth in
- of Verdun on the Somme. The Russian army was
- they were picking up their toys and going home, they
- to play war anymore, they didn't like the Czar.
And the Italian
- army had collapsed.
- Not a shot had been fired on German soil. Not
one enemy soldier
- had crossed the border into Germany. And yet,
- offering England peace terms. They offered
England a negotiated
- peace on what the lawyers call a status quo ante
basis. That means:
- "Let's call the war off, and let everything be as
it was before the war
- started." England, in the summer of 1916 was
considering that --
- seriously. They had no choice. It was
either accepting this negotiated
- peace that Germany was magnanimously offering them,
- on with the war and being totally defeated.
- While that was going on, the Zionists in Germany,
- the Zionists from Eastern Europe, went to the British
- and -- I am going to be brief because it's a long
story, but I have all
- the documents to prove any statement that I make --
- "Look here. You can yet win this war. You
don't have to give up.
- You don't have to accept the negotiated peace offered
to you now
- by Germany. You can win this war if the United
States will come in
- as your ally." The United States was not in
the war at that time. We
- were fresh; we were young; we were rich; we were
powerful. They told
- England: "We will guarantee to bring the United
States into the war
- as your ally, to fight with you on your side, if
you will promise us
- Palestine after you win the war."
- In other words, they made this deal: "We will get
the United States
- into this war as your ally. The price you must
pay is Palestine after
- you have won the war and defeated Germany, Austria-Hungary,
- Turkey." Now England had as much right to promise
- anybody, as the United States would have to promise
- Ireland for any reason whatsoever. It's absolutely
absurd that Great
- Britain, that never had any connection or any interest
or any right
- in what is known as Palestine should offer it as
coin of the realm to
- pay the Zionists for bringing the United States
into the war. However,
- they did make that promise, in October of 1916.
And shortly after
- that -- I don't know how many here remember it --
- States, which was almost totally pro-German, entered
the war as
- Britain's ally.
- I say that the United States was almost totally pro-German
- the newspapers here were controlled by Jews, the bankers
- all the media of mass communications in this country
- by Jews; and they, the Jews, were pro-German. They
- German because many of them had come from Germany,
and also they
- wanted to see Germany lick the Czar. The Jews
didn't like the Czar, and
- they didn't want Russia to win this war. These
- like Kuhn Loeb and the other big banking firms in
the United States
- refused to finance France or England to the extent
of one dollar. They
- stood aside and they said: "As long as France and
England are tied
- up with Russia, not one cent!" But they poured
money into Germany,
- they fought beside Germany against Russia, trying
to lick the Czarist
- Now those same Jews, when they saw the possibility
of getting Palestine,
- went to England and they made this deal. At that time,
- changed, like a traffic light that changes from red
to green. Where the
- newspapers had been all pro-German, where they'd been
- people of the difficulties that Germany was having
- Britain commercially and in other respects, all
of a sudden the Germans
- were no good. They were villains. They
were Huns. They were shooting
- Red Cross nurses. They were cutting off babies'
hands. They were no
- good. Shortly after that, Mr. Wilson declared
war on Germany.
- The Zionists in London had sent cables to the United
- Justice Brandeis, saying "Go to work on President
- getting from England what we want. Now you go
to work on President
- Wilson and get the United States into the war." That's
- United States got into the war. We had no
more interest in it; we
- had no more right to be in it than we have to be
on the moon tonight
- instead of in this room. There was absolutely
no reason for World
- War I to be our war. We were railroaded into
-- if I can be vulgar,
- we were suckered into -- that war merely so that
the Zionists of
- the world could obtain Palestine. That is
something that the people
- of the United States have never been told. They
never knew why
- we went into World War I.
- After we got into the war, the Zionists went to Great
- they said: "Well, we performed our part of the agreement.
- have something in writing that shows that you are
going to keep
- your bargain and give us Palestine after you win
the war." They
- didn't know whether the war would last another year
- ten years. So they started to work out a receipt.
The receipt took
- the form of a letter, which was worded in very cryptic
- that the world at large wouldn't know what it was
all about. And
- that was called the Balfour Declaration.
- The Balfour Declaration was merely Great Britain's
- pay the Zionists what they
had agreed upon as a consideration
- for getting the United States
into the war. So this great Balfour
- Declaration, that you hear so much about, is just
as phony as a
- three dollar bill. I don't think I could make
it more emphatic
- than that.
- That is where all the trouble started. The
United States got in
- the war. The United States crushed Germany.
You know what
- happened. When the war ended, and the Germans
went to Paris
- for the Paris Peace Conference in 1919 there were
- there, as a delegation representing
the Jews, headed by Bernard
- Baruch. I was there:
I ought to know.
- Now what happened? The Jews at that peace conference,
- they were cutting up Germany and parceling out Europe
- these nations who claimed a right to a certain part
- territory, said, "How about Palestine for us?" And
- for the first time to the knowledge of the Germans,
- Declaration. So the Germans, for the first
time realized, "Oh,
- so that was the game! That's why the United States
came into the
- war." The Germans for the first time realized
that they were
- defeated, they suffered the terrific reparations
that were slapped
- onto them, because the Zionists wanted Palestine and
- determined to get it at any cost.
- That brings us to another very interesting point.
- Germans realized this, they naturally resented it.
Up to that
- time, the Jews had never been better off in any
country in the
- world than they had been in Germany. You had
- there, who was maybe 100 times as important in industry
- finance as is Bernard Baruch in this country. You
had Mr. Balin,
- who owned the two big steamship lines, the North German
- Lloyd's and the Hamburg-American Lines. You had Mr.
- Bleichroder, who was the banker for the Hohenzollern
- You had the Warburgs in Hamburg, who were the big
- bankers -- the biggest in the world. The Jews were
- well in Germany. No
question about that. The Germans felt:
- "Well, that was quite a sellout."
- It was a sellout that might be compared to this hypothetical
- situation: Suppose the United
States was at war with the Soviet
- Union. And we were
winning. And we told the Soviet Union:
- "Well, let's quit. We
offer you peace terms. Let's forget the whole
- thing." And all of
a sudden Red China came into the war as an
- ally of the Soviet Union.
And throwing them into the war
- brought about our defeat. A
crushing defeat, with reparations the
- likes of which man's imagination
cannot encompass. Imagine, then,
- after that defeat, if we found
out that it was the Chinese in this
- country, our Chinese citizens,
who all the time we had thought
- were loyal citizens working
with us, were selling us out to the Soviet
- Union and that it was through
them that Red China was brought
- into the war against us.
How would we feel, then, in the United
- States against Chinese? I
don't think that one of them would dare
- show his face on any street.
There wouldn't be enough convenient
- lampposts to take care of
them. Imagine how we would feel.
- Well, that's how the Germans felt towards these Jews.
- so nice to them: from 1905 on, when the first Communist
- in Russia failed, and the Jews had to scramble out
of Russia, they all
- went to Germany. And Germany gave them refuge.
And they were
- treated very nicely. And here they had sold
Germany down the river
- for no reason at all other than the fact that they
- as a so-called "Jewish commonwealth."
- Now Nahum Sokolow, and all the great leaders and great
- that you read about in connection with Zionism today,
- 1920, 1921, 1922, and 1923
wrote in all their papers -- and the
- press was filled with their
statements -- that the feeling against
- the Jews in Germany is due to the fact that they
realized that this
- great defeat was brought about by Jewish intercession
- the United States into the war. The Jews themselves
- It wasn't that the Germans in 1919 discovered that
a glass of Jewish
- blood tasted better than Coca-Cola or Muenschner
- was no religious feeling. There was no sentiment
- people merely on account of their religious belief.
It was all
- political. It was economic. It was anything
but religious. Nobody
- cared in Germany whether a Jew went home and pulled
- shades and said "Shema 'Yisroel" or "Our Father."
- in Germany any more than they do in the United States.
- feeling that developed later in Germany was due
to one thing: the
- Germans held the Jews responsible for their crushing
- And World War I had been started against Germany
for no reason
- for which Germany was responsible. They were guilty
- Only of being successful. They built up a big
navy. They built
- up world trade. You must remember that Germany
at the time
- of the French Revolution consisted of 300 small
- principalities, dukedoms, and so forth. Three
- little political entities. And between that
time, between the times
- of Napoleon and Bismarck, they were consolidated into
- And within 50 years they became one of the world's
- Their navy was rivaling Great Britain's, they were
- all over the world, they could undersell anybody,
they could make
- better products. What happened as a result of that?
- There was a conspiracy between England, France, and
- slap down Germany. There isn't one historian in the
- can find a valid reason why those three countries
decided to wipe
- Germany off the map politically.
- When Germany realized that the Jews were responsible
- defeat, they naturally resented it. But not
a hair on the head of
- any Jew was harmed. Not a single hair. Professor
- Georgetown University, who had access to all the
- of the State Department, wrote in his book, and
quoted from a
- State Department document written by Hugo Schoenfelt,
- Jew whom Cordell Hull sent to Europe in 1933 to investigate
- the so-called camps of political prisoners, who wrote
- he found them in very fine condition. They
were in excellent
- shape, with everybody treated well. And they
were filled with
- Communists. Well, a lot of them were Jews,
because the Jews
- happened to comprise about 98 per cent of the Communists
- in Europe at that time. And there were some
- and ministers, and labor leaders, and Masons, and
- had international affiliations.
- Some background is in order: In 1918-1919 the Communists
- took over Bavaria for a few days. Rosa Luxemburg
- Liebknecht and a group of other Jews took over the
- for three days. In fact, when the Kaiser ended
the war he fled
- to Holland because he thought the Communists were
- take over Germany as they did Russia and that he
was going to
- meet the same fate as the Czar. So he fled to
Holland for safety,
- for security. After the Communist threat in
- quashed, the Jews were still working, trying to
get back into
- their former status, and the Germans fought them
in every way
- they could without hurting a single hair on anyone's
- They fought them the same way
that, in this country, the
- Prohibitionists fought anyone who was interested in
- They didn't fight one another with pistols. Well,
that's the way
- they were fighting the Jews in Germany. And
at that time,
- mind you, there were 80 to 90 million Germans, and
- were only 460,000 Jews. About one half of one
per cent of
- the population of Germany were Jews. And yet
- all the press, and they controlled most of the economy
- because they had come in with cheap money when the
- was devalued and bought up practically everything.
- The Jews tried to keep a lid on this fact. They
didn't want the
- world to really understand that they had sold out
- and that the Germans resented that.
- The Germans took appropriate action against the Jews.
- shall I say, discriminated against them wherever they
- They shunned them. The same way that we would
- Chinese, or the Negroes, or the Catholics, or anyone
- country who had sold us out to an enemy and brought
- our defeat.
- After a while, the Jews of the world called a meeting
- Amsterdam. Jews from every country in the world
- this meeting in July 1933. And they said to
- fire Hitler, and you put every Jew back into his
- whether he was a Communist or no matter what he
- can't treat us that way. And we, the Jews
of the world, are
- serving an ultimatum upon you." You can imagine
- Germans told them. So what did the Jews do?
- In 1933, when Germany refused to surrender to the
- conference of Jews in Amsterdam, the conference broke
- and Mr. Samuel Untermyer, who was the head of the
- delegation and the president of the whole conference,
- to the United States and went from the steamer to
- of the Columbia Broadcasting System and made a radio
- broadcast throughout the United States in which
he in effect
- said, "The Jews of the world now declare a Holy
- Germany. We are now engaged in a sacred conflict
- the Germans. And we are going to starve them
- We are going to use a world-wide boycott against them.
- will destroy them because they are dependent upon
- And it is a fact that two thirds of Germany's food
- to be imported, and it could only be imported with
- of what they exported. So if Germany could
not export, two
- thirds of Germany's population would have to starve.
- was just not enough food for more than one third
of the population.
- Now in this declaration, which I have here, and
- printed in the New York Times on August 7, 1933, Mr.
- Untermyer boldly stated that "this economic boycott
is our means
- of self-defense. President Roosevelt has advocated
its use in the
- National Recovery Administration," which some of you
- remember, where everybody was to be boycotted unless
- the rules laid down by the New Deal, and which was
- unconstitutional by the Supreme Court of that time.
- the Jews of the world declared a boycott against
- it was so effective that you couldn't find one thing
in any store
- anywhere in the world with the words "Made in Germany"
- it. In fact, an executive of the Woolworth Company
told me that
- they had to dump millions of dollars worth of crockery
- into the river; that their stores were boycotted
if anyone came in
- and found a dish marked "made in Germany," they
- with signs saying "Hitler," "murderer," and so forth,
- like these sit-ins that are taking place in the
- At a store belonging to the R. H. Macy chain, which
- by a family called Strauss who also happen to be Jews,
- found stockings there which came from Chemnitz, marked
- in Germany." Well, they were cotton stockings and
they may have
- been there 20 years, since I've been observing women's
- many years and it's been a long time since I've
seen any cotton
- stockings on them. I saw Macy's boycotted,
with hundreds of
- people walking around with signs saying "murderers,"
- and so forth.
- Now up to that time, not one hair on the head of
any Jew had been
- hurt in Germany. There was no suffering, there
was no starvation,
- there was no murder, there was nothing.
- Naturally, the Germans said, "Who are these people
to declare a
- boycott against us and throw all our people out of
work, and make
- our industries come to a standstill? Who are
they to do that to us?"
- They naturally resented it. Certainly they painted
- stores owned by Jews. Why should a German
go in and give his
- money to a storekeeper who was part of a boycott
that was going
- to starve Germany into surrendering to the Jews
of the world, who
- were going to dictate who their premier or chancellor
was to be?
- Well, it was ridiculous.
- The boycott continued for some time, but it wasn't
- when a young Jew from Poland walked into the German
- in Paris and shot a German official, that the Germans
- started to get rough with the Jews in Germany. And
- them then breaking windows and having street fights
and so forth.
- Now I don't like to use the word "anti-Semitism"
- meaningless, but it means something to you still,
so I'll have to
- use it. The only reason that there was any feeling
- against Jews was that they were responsible for
World War I
- and for this world-wide boycott. Ultimately
they were also
- responsible for World War II, because after this
thing got out
- of hand, it was absolutely necessary for the Jews
- to lock horns in a war to see which one was going
- In the meanwhile, I had lived in Germany, and I knew
- Germans had decided that Europe is going to be Christian
- Communist: there is no in between. And the
- they were going to keep it Christian if possible.
And they started
- to re-arm. In November 1933 the United States
- the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union was becoming
- and Germany realized that "Our turn was going to come
- unless we are strong." The same as we in this
country are saying
- today, "Our turn is going to come soon, unless we
- Our government is spending 83 or 84 billion dollars
- Defense against whom? Defense against 40,000 little
- Moscow that took over Russia, and then, in their
- took over control of many other countries of the
- For this country now to be on the verge of a Third
- from which we cannot emerge a victor, is something
- my imagination. I know that nuclear bombs
are measured in terms
- of megatons. A megaton is a term used to describe
- tons of TNT. Our nuclear bombs had a capacity
of 10 megatons,
- or 10 million tons of TNT, when they were first
- the nuclear bombs that are being developed have
a capacity of 200
- megatons, and God knows how many megatons the nuclear
- of the Soviet Union have.
- What do we face now? If we trigger a world
war that may develop
- into a nuclear war, humanity is finished. Why
might such a war
- take place? It will take place as the curtain
goes up on Act 3: Act 1
- was World War I, Act 2 was World War II, Act 3 is
going to be
- World War III. The Jews of the world, the
Zionists and their co-
- religionists everywhere, are determined that they
are going to again
- use the United States to help them permanently retain
- as their foothold for their world government. That
is just as true
- as I am standing here. Not alone have I read
it, but many here have
- also read it, and it is known all over the world.
- What are we going to do? The life you save
may be your son's. Your
- boys may be on their way to that war tonight; and
you don't know it
- any more than you knew that in 1916 in London the
- a deal with the British War Cabinet to send your sons
to war in Europe.
- Did you know it at that time? Not a person in
the United States knew
- it. You weren't permitted to know it. Who
knew it? President
- Wilson knew it. Colonel House knew it. Other
insiders knew it.
- Did I know it? I had a pretty good idea of what was
going on: I was
- liaison to Henry Morgenthau, Sr., in the 1912 campaign
- President Wilson was elected, and there was talk around
- there. I was "confidential man" to Henry Morgenthau,
- was chairman of the Finance Committee, and I was liaison
- him and Rollo Wells, the treasurer. So I sat
in these meetings
- with President Wilson at the head of the table,
and all the others,
- and I heard them drum into President Wilson's brain
- income tax and what has become the Federal Reserve,
and I heard
- them indoctrinate him with the Zionist movement.
- Brandeis and President Wilson were just as close as
the two fingers
- on this hand. President Woodrow Wilson was just
- when it came to determining what was going on as
a newborn baby.
- That is how they got us into World War I, while
we all slept. They
- sent our boys over there to be slaughtered. For
what? So the Jews
- can have Palestine as their "commonwealth." They've
- so much that you don't know whether you're coming
- Now any judge, when he charges a jury, says, "Gentlemen,
- witness who you find has told a single lie, you can
- his testimony." I don't know what state you come
from, but in
- New York state that is the way a judge addresses
a jury. If that
- witness told one lie, disregard his testimony.
- What are the facts about the Jews? (I call them Jews
- because they are known as "Jews". I don't call them
- I refer to them as "so-called Jews", because I know
what they are).
- The eastern European Jews, who form 92 per cent of
- population of those people who call themselves "Jews",
- originally Khazars. They were a warlike tribe
who lived deep in
- the heart of Asia. And they were so warlike
that even the Asiatics
- drove them out of Asia into eastern Europe. They
set up a large
- Khazar kingdom of 800,000 square miles. At
the time, Russia
- did not exist, nor did many other European countries.
- Khazar kingdom was the biggest country in all Europe
- big and so powerful that when the other monarchs
- go to war, the Khazars would lend them 40,000 soldiers.
- how big and powerful they were.
- They were phallic worshippers, which is filthy and
I do not want
- to go into the details of that now. But that
was their religion, as it
- was also the religion of many other pagans and barbarians
- in the world. The Khazar king became so disgusted
- degeneracy of his kingdom that he decided to adopt
- monotheistic faith -- either Christianity, Islam,
or what is known
- today as Judaism, which is really Talmudism. By
spinning a top,
- and calling out "eeny, meeny, miney, moe," he picked
- Judaism. And that became the state religion.
He sent down to
- the Talmudic schools of Pumbedita and Sura and brought
- thousands of rabbis, and opened up synagogues and
- his people became what we call "Jews".
- There wasn't one of them who had an ancestor who
ever put a toe
- in the Holy Land. Not only in Old Testament
history, but back to
- the beginning of time. Not one of them! And
yet they come to
- the Christians and ask us to support their armed
- Palestine by saying, "You want to help repatriate
- People to their Promised Land, their ancestral home,
- It's your Christian duty. We gave you one
of our boys as your Lord
- and Savior. You now go to church on Sunday,
and you kneel and
- you worship a Jew, and we're Jews."
- But they are pagan Khazars who were converted just
the same as
- the Irish were converted. It is as ridiculous
to call them "people
- of the Holy Land," as it would be to call the 54 million
- Moslems "Arabs." Mohammed only died in 620
A.D., and since
- then 54 million Chinese have accepted Islam as their
- belief. Now imagine, in China, 2,000 miles
away from Arabia,
- from Mecca and Mohammed's birthplace. Imagine
if the 54
- million Chinese decided to call themselves "Arabs."
- say they were lunatics. Anyone who believes
that those 54 million
- Chinese are Arabs must be crazy. All they did
was adopt as a
- religious faith a belief that had its origin in
Mecca, in Arabia.
- The same as the Irish. When the Irish became
- nobody dumped them in the ocean and imported to
- Land a new crop of inhabitants. They hadn't
become a different
- people. They were the same people, but they
- Christianity as a religious faith.
- These Khazars, these pagans, these Asiatics, these
- were a Mongoloid race who were forced out of Asia
- Europe. Because their king took the Talmudic
faith, they had no
- choice in the matter. Just the same as in
Spain: If the king was
- Catholic, everybody had to be a Catholic. If
not, you had to get
- out of Spain. So the Khazars became what we
call today "Jews".
- Now imagine how silly it was for the great Christian
- of the world to say, "We're going to use our power
- to repatriate God's Chosen People to their ancestral
- their Promised Land." Could there be a bigger
lie than that?
- Because they control the newspapers, the magazines,
- the television, the book publishing business, and
- have the ministers in the pulpit and the politicians
- soapboxes talking the same language, it is not too
- that you believe that lie. You'd believe black
is white if you
- heard it often enough. You wouldn't call black
black anymore --
- you'd start to call black white. And nobody
could blame you.
- That is one of the great lies of history.
It is the foundation of
- all the misery that has befallen the world.
- Do you know what Jews do on the Day of Atonement,
- think is so sacred to them? I was one of them.
This is not hearsay.
- I'm not here to be a rabble-rouser. I'm here
to give you facts.
- When, on the Day of Atonement,
you walk into a synagogue,
- you stand up for the very
first prayer that you recite. It is the
- only prayer for which you stand.
You repeat three times a short
- prayer called the Kol Nidre
- In that prayer, you enter into an agreement with God
- that any oath, vow, or pledge that you may make during
- twelve months shall be null and void. The oath
shall not be an
- oath; the vow shall not be a vow; the pledge shall
not be a pledge.
- They shall have no force or effect. And further,
- teaches that whenever you take an oath, vow, or
pledge, you are
- to remember the Kol Nidre prayer that you recited
on the Day of
- Atonement, and you are exempted from fulfilling
- much can you depend on their loyalty? You
can depend upon
- their loyalty as much as the Germans depended upon
it in 1916.
- We are going to suffer the same fate as Germany suffered,
- for the same reason.
THE JEWS OF IRAQ (abridged)
By Naeim Giladi
In his book, Ben Gurion's
Scandals: How the Haganah & the Mossad
Eliminated Jews, Giladi presents the evidence of Zionist atrocities.
Needless to say, he couldn't get his book published in Israel, but then
neither could he find a publisher here in the US.
I write this article for the same reason I wrote my book:
the American people, and especially American Jews, that Jews from
Islamic lands did not emigrate willingly to Israel; that, to force
to leave, Jews killed Jews; and that, to buy time to confiscate ever
more Arab lands, Jews on numerous occasions rejected genuine peace
initiatives from their Arab neighbors. I write about what the first
prime minister of Israel called "cruel Zionism." I write about it
because I was part of it.
My ancestors had settled in Iraq more than 2,600 years
years before Christianity, and 1,200 years before Islam. I am descended
from Jews who built the tomb of Yehezkel, a Jewish prophet of pre-
biblical times. My town, where I was born in 1929, is Hillah, not far
from the ancient site of Babylon.
I did not volunteer the information to my father that
I had joined
the Zionist underground. He found out several months before I
arrested when he saw me writing Hebrew and using words and
expressions unfamiliar to him. He was even more surprised to
learn that, yes, I had decided I would soon move to Israel myself.
He was scornful. "You'll come back with your tail between your
legs," he predicted.
About 125,000 Jews left Iraq for Israel in the late 1940s
1952, most because they had been lied to and put into a panic by what
I came to learn were Zionist bombs. But my mother and father
were among the 6,000 who did not go to Israel. Although physically
I never did return to Iraq-that bridge had been burned in any event
- my heart has made the journey there many, many times. My father
had it right.
I made my way to the new state of Israel, arriving in
May, 1950. My
passport had my name in Arabic and English, but the English couldn't
capture the "kh" sound, so it was rendered simply as Klaski. At the
border, the immigration people applied the English version, which had
an Eastern European, Ashkenazi ring to it. In one way, this "mistake"
was my key to discovering very soon just how the Israeli caste system worked.
When I reported to the Labor Office in al-Majdal, they
I could read and write Arabic and Hebrew and they said that I could
find a good-paying job with the Military Governor's office. The Arabs
were under the authority of these Israeli Military Governors. A clerk
handed me a bunch of forms in Arabic and Hebrew. Now it dawned
on me. Before Israel could establish its farmers' city, it had to rid
Majdal of its indigenous Palestinians. The forms were petitions to
the United Nations Inspectors asking for transfer out of Israel to
Gaza, which was under Egyptian control.
I read over the petition. In signing, the Palestinian
would be saying
that he was of sound mind and body and was making the request for
transfer free of pressure or duress. Of course, there was no way that
they would leave without being pressured to do so. These families
had been there hundreds of years, as farmers, primitive artisans,
weavers. The Military Governor prohibited them from pursuing
their livelihoods, just penned them up until they lost hope of
resuming their normal lives. That's when they signed to leave.
I was there and heard their grief. "Our hearts are in pain when
we look at the orange trees that we planted with our own hands.
Please let us go, let us give water to those trees. God will not be
pleased with us if we leave His trees untended." I asked the
Military Governor to give them relief, but he said, "No, we want
them to leave."
Uri Mileshtin, an official historian for the Israeli
has written and spoken about the use of bacteriological agents.
According to Mileshtin, Moshe Dayan, a division commander at
the time, gave orders in 1948 to remove Arabs from their villages,
bulldoze their homes, and render water wells unusable with typhus
and dysentery bacteria.
Acre was so situated that it could practically defend
itself with one
big gun, so the Haganah put bacteria into the spring that fed the town.
The spring was called Capri and it ran from the north near a kibbutz.
The Haganah put typhus bacteria into the water going to Acre, the
people got sick, and the Jewish forces occupied Acre. This worked so
well that they sent a Haganah division dressed as Arabs into Gaza,
where there were Egyptian forces, and the Egyptians caught them
putting two cans of bacteria, typhus and dysentery, into the water
supply in wanton disregard of the civilian population. "In war, there
is no sentiment," one of the captured Haganah men was quoted as
My activism in Israel began shortly after I received
a letter from
the Socialist/Zionist Party asking me to help with their Arabic
newspaper. When I showed up at their offices at Central House in
Tel Aviv, I asked around to see just where I should report. I showed
the letter to a couple of people there and, without even looking at it,
they would motion me away with the words, "Room No. 8." When I
saw that they weren't even reading the letter, I inquired of several
others. But the response was the same, "Room No. 8," with not a
glance at the paper I put in front of them.
So I went to Room 8 and saw that it was the Department
from Islamic Countries. I was disgusted and angry. Either I am
member of the party or I'm not. Do I have a different ideology or
different politics because I am an Arab Jew? It's segregation, I
thought, just like a Negroes' Department. I turned around and
walked out. That was the start of my open protests. That same
year I organized a demonstration in Ashkelon against Ben Gurion's
racist policies and 10,000 people turned out.
There wasn't much opportunity for those of us who were
class citizens to do much about it when Israel was on a war footing
with outside enemies. After the 1967 war, I was in the Army myself
and served in the Sinai when there was continued fighting along the
Suez Canal. But the cease-fire with Egypt in 1970 gave us our opening.
We took to the streets and organized politically to demand equal rights.
If it's our country, if we were expected to risk our lives in a border war,
then we expected equal treatment.
We mounted the struggle so tenaciously and received so
publicity that the Israeli government tried to discredit our movement
by calling us "Israel's Black Panthers." They were thinking in racist
terms, really, in assuming the Israeli public would reject an organization
whose ideology was being compared to that of radical blacks in the
United States. But we saw that what we were doing was no different
than what blacks in the United States were fighting against - segregation,
discrimination, unequal treatment. Rather than reject the label, we
adopted it proudly. I had posters of Martin Luther King, Malcolm X,
Nelson Mandela and other civil rights activists plastered all over my
Among the most important documents in my book, I believe,
copies of two leaflets published by the Zionist underground calling on
Jews to leave Iraq. One is dated March 16,1950, the other April 8,
The difference between these two is critical. Both
indicate the date
of publication, but only the April 8th leaflet notes the time of day: 4 p.m.
Why the time of day? Such a specification was unprecedented.
the investigating judge, Salaman El-Beit, found it suspicious. Did
4 p.m. writers want an alibi for a bombing they knew would occur five
hours later? If so, how did they know about the bombing? The
concluded they knew because a connection existed between the Zionist
underground and the bomb throwers.
This, too, was the conclusion of Wilbur Crane Eveland,
senior officer in the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), whom I had
the opportunity to meet in New York in 1988. In his book, Ropes of
Sand, whose publication the CIA opposed, Eveland writes:
In attempts to portray the Iraqis as anti-American
and to terrorize
the Jews, the Zionists planted bombs in the U.S. Information Service
library and in synagogues. Soon leaflets began to appear urging Jews
flee to Israel. . . . Although the Iraqi police later provided our embassy
with evidence to show that the synagogue and library bombings, as well
as the anti-Jewish and anti-American leaflet campaigns, had been the
work of an underground Zionist organization, most of the world believed
reports that Arab terrorism had motivated the flight of the Iraqi Jews
whom the Zionists had "rescued" really just in order to increase Israel's
Eveland doesn't detail the evidence linking the Zionists
to the attacks,
but in my book I do. In1955, for example, I organized in Israel a panel
Jewish attorneys of Iraqi origin to handle claims of Iraqi Jews who still
had property in Iraq. One well known attorney, who asked that I not
his name, confided in me that the laboratory tests in Iraq had confirmed
that the anti-American leaflets found at the American Cultural Center
bombing were typed on the same typewriter and duplicated on the same
stenciling machine as the leaflets distributed by the Zionist movement
just before the April 8th bombing.
Tests also showed that the type of explosive used in
attack matched traces of explosives found in the suitcase of an Iraqi
Jew by the name of Yosef Basri. Basri, a lawyer, together with Shalom
Salih, a shoemaker, would be put on trial for the attacks in December
1951 and executed the following month. Both men were members of
Hashura, the military arm of the Zionist underground. Salih ultimately
confessed that he, Basri and a third man, Yosef Habaza,carried out the
Zionist Leaders: From the start they knew that in
order to establish
a Jewish state they had to expel the indigenous Palestinian population
to the neighboring Islamic states and import Jews from these same
* Theodor Herzl, the architect of Zionism, thought it could be done
by social engineering. In his diary entry for 12 June 1885, he wrote
that Zionist settlers would have to "spirit the penniless population
across the border by procuring employment for it in the transit
countries, while denying it any employment in our own country."
* Vladimir Jabotinsky, Prime Minister Netanyahu's ideological
progenitor, frankly admitted that such a transfer of populations
could only be brought about by force.
* David Ben Gurion, Israel's first prime minister, told a Zionist
Conference in 1937 that any proposed Jewish state would have to
"transfer Arab populations out of the area, if possible of their
own free will, if not by coercion." After 750,000 Palestinians
were uprooted and their lands confiscated in 1948-49, Ben
Gurion had to look to the Islamic countries for Jews who could
fill the resultant cheap labor market. "Emissaries" were smuggled
into these countries to "convince" Jews to leave either by trickery
In the case of Iraq, both methods were used: uneducated
told of a Messianic Israel in which the blind see, the lame walk, and
onions grow as big as melons; educated Jews had bombs thrown at them.
A few years after the bombings, in the early 1950s, a
published in Iraq, in Arabic, titled Venom of the Zionist Viper.
The author was one of the Iraqi investigators of the 1950-51
bombings and, in his book, he implicates the Israelis, specifically
one of the emissaries sent by Israel, Mordechai Ben-Porat. As
soon as the book came out, all copies just disappeared, even from
libraries. The word was that agents of the Israeli Mossad, working
through the U.S. Embassy, bought up all the books and destroyed
them. I tried on three different occasions to have one sent to me in
Israel, but each time Israeli censors in the post office intercepted it.
Sixteen years later, the Israeli magazine Haolam Hazeh,
by Uri Avnery, then a Knesset member, accused Ben-Porat of the
Baghdad bombings. Ben-Porat, who would become a Knesset member
himself, denied the charge, but never sued the magazine for libel.
And Iraqi Jews in Israel still call him Morad Abu al-Knabel,
Mordechai of the Bombs.
After the Israeli attack on the Jordanian village of
October, 1953, Ben Gurion went into voluntary exile at the Sedeh
Boker kibbutz in the Negev. The Labor party then used to organize
many buses for people to go visit him there, where they would see
the former prime minister working with sheep. But that was only
for show. Really he was writing his diary and continuing to be
active behind the scenes. I went on such a tour.
We were told not to try to speak to Ben Gurion, but when
him, I asked why, since Israel is a democracy with a parliament, does
it not have a constitution? Ben Gurion said, "Look, boy"-I was 24
at the time - "if we have a constitution, we have to write in it the
border of our country. And this is not our border, my dear." I asked,
"Then where is the border?" He said, "Wherever the Sahal will
come, this is the border." Sahal is the Israeli army.
Ben Gurion told the world that Israel accepted the partition
the Arabs rejected it. Then Israel took half of the land that was
promised to the Arab state. And still he was saying it was not
enough. Israel needed more land. How can a country make peace
with its neighbors if it wants to take their land? How can a country
demand to be secure if it won't say what borders it will be satisfied
with? For such a country, peace would be an inconvenience.
I know now that from the beginning many Arab leaders
to make peace with Israel, butIsrael always refused. Ben Gurion
covered this up with propaganda. He said that the Arabs wanted
to drive Israel into the sea and he called Gamal Abdel Nasser the
Hitler of the Middle East whose foremost intent was to destroy
Israel. He wanted America and Great Britain to treat Nasser
like a pariah.
In 1954, it seemed that America was getting less critical
Nasser. Then during a three-week period in July, several terrorist
bombs were set off: at the United States Information Agency
offices in Cairo and Alexandria, a British-owned theater, and
the central post office in Cairo. An attempt to firebomb a cinema
in Alexandria failed when the bomb went off in the pocket of one
of the perpetrators. That led to the discovery that the terrorists
were not anti-Western Egyptians, but were instead Israeli spies
bent on souring the warming relationship between Egypt and the
United States in what came to be known as the Lavon Affair.
Ben Gurion was still living on his kibbutz. Moshe
prime minister was in contact with Abdel Nasser through the offices
of Lord Maurice Orbach of Great Britain. Sharett asked Nasser to
be lenient with the captured spies, and Nasser did all that was in
his power to prevent a deterioration of the situation between the
Then Ben Gurion returned as Defense Minister in February,
1955. Later that month Israeli troops attacked Egyptian military
camps and Palestinian refugees in Gaza, killing 54 and injuring
many more. The very night of the attack, Lord Orbach was on his
way to deliver a message to Nasser, but was unable to get through
because of the military action. When Orbach telephoned, Nasser's
secretary told him that the attack proved that Israel did not want
peace and that he was wasting his time as a mediator.
In November, Ben Gurion announced in the Knesset that
willing to meet with Abdel Nasser anywhere and at any time for the
sake of peace and understanding. The next morning the Israeli
military attacked an Egyptian military camp in the Sabaha region.
Although Nasser felt pessimistic about achieving peace
Israel, he continued to send other mediators to try. One was through
the American Friends Service Committee; another via the Prime
Minister of Malta, Dom Minthoff; and still another through Marshall
Tito of Yugoslavia.
One that looked particularly promising was through Dennis
Hamilton, editor of The London Times. Nasser told Hamilton that
if only he could sit and talk with Ben Gurion for two or three
hours, they would be able to settle the conflict and end the state of
war between the two countries. When word of this reached Ben
Gurion, he arranged to meet with Hamilton. They decided to
pursue the matter with the Israeli ambassador in London, Arthur
Luria, as liaison. On Hamilton's third trip to Egypt, Nasser met
him with the text of a Ben Gurion speech stating that Israel would
not give up an inch of land and would not take back a single refugee.
Hamilton knew that Ben Gurion with his mouth had undermined
a peace mission and missed an opportunity to settle the Israeli-
Nasser was not the only Arab leader who wanted to make
with Israel. There were many others. Brigadier General Abdel
Karim Qasem, before he seized power in Iraq in July, 1958, headed
an underground organization that sent a delegation to Israel to
make a secret agreement. Ben Gurion refused even to see him.
I learned about this when I was a journalist in Israel. But whenever
I tried to publish even a small part of it, the censor would stamp it
Alexis de Tocqueville once observed that it is easier
for the world
to accept a simple lie than a complex truth. Certainly it has been
easier for the world to accept the Zionist lie that Jews were evicted
from Muslim lands because of anti-Semitism, and that Israelis,
never the Arabs, were the pursuers of peace. The truth is far more
discerning: bigger players on the world stage were pulling the strings.
These players, I believe, should be held accountable
for their crimes,
particularly when they willfully terrorized, dispossessed and killed
innocent people on the altar of some ideological imperative.
I believe, too, that the descendants of these leaders
have a moral
responsibility to compensate the victims and their descendants, and
to do so not just with reparations, but by setting the historical record
That is why I established a panel of inquiry in Israel
reparations for Iraqi Jews who had been forced to leave behind their
property and possessions in Iraq. That is why I joined the Black
Panthers in confronting the Israeli government with the grievances
of the Jews in Israel who came from Islamic lands. And that is why
I have written my book and this article: to set the historical record
We Jews from Islamic lands did not leave our ancestral
because of any natural enmity between Jews and Muslims. And we
Arabs-I say Arab because that is the language my wife and I still
speak at home-we Arabs on numerous occasions have sought peace
with the State of the Jews. And finally, as a U.S. citizen and taxpayer,
let me say that we Americans need to stop supporting racial
discrimination in Israel and the cruel expropriation of lands in
the West Bank, Gaza, South Lebanon and the Golan Heights.